• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Composition window is black upon reopening app

New Here ,
Apr 24, 2022 Apr 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did some official AE tutorials last week before diving in to create my first project using a layered compisiton I made in Illustrator. It went really well and I was happy with my composition.

Today I reopened it to finalise and export it but no matter what I do, the composition screen appears black except for the final few seconds when I reference a separate Illustrator file for the project logo.

I have searched the forum and already tried purging the memory & disk cache, toggling the preview quality between wireframe and best, multiple restarts of AE and the Mac. I haven't moved or changed the main layered Illustrator file or the project file. Screenshot of issue below.

Screenshot 2022-04-24 at 11.43.41.png 

TOPICS
Error or problem , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Additional error dialogs have appeared as I try to troubleshoot. Whatever about getting the work back, I'd like to understand how to avoid this so I don't lose a day's work again.

Screenshot 2022-04-24 at 12.26.23.pngScreenshot 2022-04-24 at 12.32.34.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try a couple of things:

1.- Go to File > Project Settings. Into the Video Rendering and Effects tab, choose Mercury Software Only.

2.- Edit > Purge > All memory and disk cache.

Let us know if any of this solution work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines