• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Confused about CC glass

Explorer ,
Jul 06, 2024 Jul 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CC glass bases height on luminance values. Brighter pixels represent higher points, while darker pixels represent lower points. However, I'm curious if you have a text layer and put a cc glass effect on it and the bump map is set to the text layer with a blue fill color, how is it basing off the height? 

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 08, 2024 Jul 08, 2024

Your blue text still has a luminance value; color can't exist without some luminance, otherwise you would see black. Check out this little screen recording to see what I mean–in the color picker, switch from adjusting Hue to Brightness and you'll see how that value affects the displacement.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 08, 2024 Jul 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your blue text still has a luminance value; color can't exist without some luminance, otherwise you would see black. Check out this little screen recording to see what I mean–in the color picker, switch from adjusting Hue to Brightness and you'll see how that value affects the displacement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 11, 2024 Jul 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for the reply! Now I understand why there was a bump math to begin with! Could I ask why there are holes inside the letters when the color is brighter? Is it to express higher elevation? 

Screenshot 2024-07-11 at 11.00.37 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 12, 2024 Jul 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome! With displacement, you can always push things too far, and I suspect, given the settings and the size of the text, I simply pushed the displacement more than the text could handle. But hey, maybe you want to create this effect intentionally, it is kind of cool looking 🙂  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines