• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Consolidate All Footage not working

Explorer ,
Jul 31, 2019 Jul 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So i'm trying to use the 'Consolidate All Footage' feature in the dependencies menu but it's not working.

I've checked the footage using the 'reveal in explorer' function and a bunch of instances point to the same file, but after effects wont consoldidate duplicate instances of footage. I don't want to go through one by one and consolidate these manually.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 31, 2019 Jul 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without any more specific info nobody can tell you why it may not be working. What footage? Where is it used? What system?

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 01, 2019 Aug 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have duplicated footage in the Project Panel After Effects will not remove those duplicates or search through your project and replace every instance of the footage with just one of them.

There are quite a few reasons that this is not a good idea for most projects.

If the duplicates of the footage are used in separate comps you can select only the comps you want to keep in the Project Panel and choose Reduce Comp to clean up the project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 14, 2019 Aug 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response Rick,

Could you please you explain why this would not be a good idea if the file, location of file, and interpritation settings are identical for each instance in the project panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 14, 2019 Aug 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response Mylenium.

The project is a consolidated project, The footage is images, the system is Windows and the interpritation settings are exactly the same for each instance. There can be 2-3 instances linking back to the same image file located in the same folder on my hdd,

The manual states "To remove all duplicate footage items from a project, Choose File > Consolidate All Footage. After Effects considers footage items to be duplicates only if they use the same Interpret Footage settings."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 02, 2019 Aug 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for reaching out. Consolidating the unused footage is a good way of reducing the project's size.

Adding to what @Mylenium asked for and @Rick Gerard suggested, I'd to share this link: Working with footage items in After Effects

Check this out and let us know if you are following the same workflow keeping the conditions mentioned in mind.

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2023 Sep 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Consolidate all footage has stopped working for me; I noticed it wouldn't consolidate layers of photoshop files a year or so ago, but now doesn't seem to work at all. I'm on Mac OS 12.4, Ae 23.5.0

See this screen shot - I have several instance of the same png - same name, same file path, same everything. Ae will not consolidate them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 29, 2024 Feb 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It absolutely DOES NOT WORK still in 2024 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2024 Jun 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Check if you have interpretation of them similar to each other. Or maybe it is due to network path? Mine works fine 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines