Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Create Shape From Vector Layers crea GRUPOS extra y MERGE LAYERS

Explorer ,
Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Buenas, gente.

Cuando convierto las capas de Illustrator a vectores, la mayoría de las veces se genera un grupo dentro del grupo de cada shape (llamado también Group 1, como su padre) y un Merge Layer. Uno de los Path de este grupo trae un cuadrado del tamaño original del Artboard de Illustrator.

Captura de pantalla 2022-08-10 181658.jpg

De más está decir que es muy molesto porque a la hora de mover las capas, siempre tenemos muchos Paths extra, con lo que eso significa.

Captura de pantalla 2022-08-10 181832.jpgCaptura de pantalla 2022-08-10 181840.jpg

Sé que la solució es ir borrando de a uno los grupos y los Merge... por supuesto, si es un dibujo simple, no hay problema, pero suelo trabajar con personajes complejos que tienen más de 20 capas... el resultado es borrar más de 40 grupos y sus respectivos Merge...

¿Hay algo que esté haciendo mal?

¿Hay una solución a esto?

¡Gracias de antemano!

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unless you need to animate the actual vector path or use shape layer animators like the Repeater, or animate gradient fills (and there cannot be a gradient fill in the original layer), or you are going to extrude a shape layer using the C4D rendering engine, or you are going to use a vector path as a motion path, there is no need to convert any Vector Layer to a shape layer. Converted Vector layers also take longer to render. 

If you must convert, only convert the absolutely necessary layers and simplify them in Illustrator before you save the file. 

If you are doing character animations, it is rarely necessary to convert vector layers to shape layers.  Your screenshot does not show us any modified properties of the layer with the problem, but it looks like you just want to move the layer that looks like a shoe. If you imported the AI file as a composition, retaining layer size, the Shoe layer would be the same size as the shoe, and the anchor point would be in the center. You may need to move the Anchor Point before you animate position, rotation, and scale. You would not need to do anything to use Puppet Pin. 

If you really need to ungroup shape layers, just press the U key twice, Ctrl/Cmnd + select all of the objects, Path 1, Path 2, etc., and then drag them above the first group. If the design requires Merge Paths, you can drag that right below each set of shapes (Paths). Then you'll have to figure out what to set for fill and stroke colors for the merged paths and which method to use. 

If the AI file was properly designed for animation, you should not have any of those problems. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 11, 2022 Aug 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the response!

Actually I do need to convert vectors in shapes (I not only animate them as a solid thing, I also move vectors)... by the way, I don't think the solution will be "try don't doing that". The fact is that I DO need to convert them. Also, forget about anchor points and so.
So, from there, there's a "solution":
• Using the search bar and typing "group".
• Select one by one the extra groups and delete them.

• Using the search bar and typing "merge".

• Select one by one the Merge Paths and delete them (this last one maybe is not neccesary but if I don't delete them there are remains of junk things in every layer).

Think about this: I work in projects with 30 characters. Each one have 20 to 25 layers. Each layer creates 2 to 10 "Group 1". Make the math.

I believe this is a kind of bug here. Anyways, I'll wait for the solution... I believe there is one.

See you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines