• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

creating a theatre projection lightray

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on my 2023 Halloween house projection show. I have a .mov on loop that has a persons moving head  next to a movie projector. Assuming "y" is the viewers line of sight the projector is around 30 degrees off of the line of sight. The idea is I want to create light rays coming out of the projector as though it just started and then have the rays turn so as though the projector is facing the viewer. In my mind I see a cone made of moving light rays and as the cone turns, the ellipse turns into a circle that is flickering. My thought is I need to use something like cc particle and the maybe merge it with a spotlight or maybe I am overthinking this. Or worse yet; this is going to be a pain. Any suggestions?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Any light ray plug-in like CC Lightburst that comes with AE, Trapcode Shine, Sapphire Rays and so on can do that. The real trick is merely animating the shapes that are projected and of course the origin point to create the illusion. The typical variations in the projector would simply be modulated noises like the built-in "Shimmer" in Shine or created manually. There's a million tutorials out there and you're sure to find one that fits your needs.

Mylenium 

Mylenium 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines