Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Ctrl + Shift + D no longer works

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since version 17 of After Effects, this shortcut no longer works... A very annoying problem for a super useful shortcut. Is version 17 have an anniversary?
The shortcut setup is correct, if I click the 3 keyboards the After Keyboard shows me that it should work on shortcut preferences. But not works.
I updated to version 18.2.1 right now and the problem continues. 

By the way, the keyboard shortcuts panel only shows me the correct function of the keys if I don't click ctrl first then shift or D. If I click ctrl first, it doesn't recognize either the shortcut. In the timeline it doesn't matter, it doesn't work anyway as you can see in the gif attached.

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem, FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a really odd error you're having.  CTRL + SHIFT + D works for me in any combination.  I'm also running 18.2.1

Have you tried assigning that function to another set of keystrokes, seeing if that works, then resetting it to the original? Has it happened with mutiple layers or is it just in this comp?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The shortcut works for me as well, as designed.

I wonder, what language is your app set to use? And what keyboard layout do you use? I've heard of others that have issues like this when switching the app to another language. If you switch to or from English, does it fix anything? Also, are you using a North American keyboard or another?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines