• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DIsable Properties Panel

New Here ,
May 13, 2023 May 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot figure out the way to disable the Properties Panel.  I don't want to use it, ever.  I've tried closing the panel and saving as a new Workspace, but everytime I do something like double click a text layer it automatically pops up again LOL.

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , May 15, 2023 May 15, 2023

This was bugging me, too.  I just noticed there's a button on the toolbar to switch the Properties panel on/off, as well as a checkbox to keep it from auto-opening. The options appear on the toolbar when I select a shape layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 14, 2023 May 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not see the problem in AE Beta or AE 23.4. Select Properties, press Ctrl/Cmnd + w to close, double click a footage or solid layer, and the layer panel is selected; double click a text layer, and all the text is selected; double click a shape layer, and the layer is selected. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2023 May 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was bugging me, too.  I just noticed there's a button on the toolbar to switch the Properties panel on/off, as well as a checkbox to keep it from auto-opening. The options appear on the toolbar when I select a shape layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2023 May 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that...hadn't seen the On/Off button.  Unfortunately, it appears to have an odd behavior.  Try this:

1. New comp.  Add a text layer.  Double click the layer to edit the text.  Properties Panel appears. 

2. Turn it off and uncheck Auto Open Panel.
3. Add another text layer and double click to edit.  The Property Panel stays hidden.  So far, so good.
4. Add a shape layer.  The Properties Panel appears.
5. Select any of the two text layers.  The panel stays on, lol.  It doesn't remember that I switched it off for that layer (or a unique layer type).

Looks like you have to switch it off for every unique layer type you add to your comp.  Not a big deal, and I'm grateful for the on/off button, but c'mon...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 24, 2023 May 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2023 Jun 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Puuh! Thank You! This was close!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2023 Nov 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd pay $50 for a plugin that gets the Properties panel auto-show behavior out of my life. It is breaking my workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2023 May 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not seeing this button to turn it off, holy smokes can I please get rid of this panel forever. I am utterly annoyed with yet another update that I will never use. My current solution is to drag it to a display I don't use and ignore it as best I can.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2023 Jun 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This button

TimurKo_0-1687449226177.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2023 Aug 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Legend. Absolutely daft update which completely breaks your custom workspace on every boot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2023 Dec 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you TimurKo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 04, 2023 Sep 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Properties Panel should NOT behave different than any other panel in the software, that's basic UI/UX design that Adobe developers need to learn. The option to "Auto open" should not exist. The user should decide if they want it open or not. Another unecessary thing to justify Adobe's subscription model.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 26, 2023 Sep 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They're trying to force his use. In fact, they're trying to force users to work in the same way, making a good thing into a friendly but useless one. Working on ae over 25 years, there's a lot of things to improve before make it friendly to ocassional tutorial's followers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2023 Nov 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me. Yay!1.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines