• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does anyone know how to re create this effect?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2023 Jan 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I would like to know how to make the slices in the pictures (check the video I added), but I have no idea which effects are used. 

Is there anyone that can help me with it or advise me.

Greetings,

Jesse

TOPICS
How to , Resources

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 12, 2023 Jan 12, 2023

The fake ripple glass is just a standard displacement map effect with the map being a repeating grey scale gradient. Easy to do with a simple solids, a gradient effect and Motion Tile. The rest is just a bunch of standard animation and letters used as track mattes. Basic everyday AE stuff. Start by reading the online help and look up a bunch of tutorials based on the keywords I mentioned.

Mylenium 

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fake ripple glass is just a standard displacement map effect with the map being a repeating grey scale gradient. Easy to do with a simple solids, a gradient effect and Motion Tile. The rest is just a bunch of standard animation and letters used as track mattes. Basic everyday AE stuff. Start by reading the online help and look up a bunch of tutorials based on the keywords I mentioned.

Mylenium 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick response. I will practice and try it out. I might post the result later!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2023 Jan 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It worked! Kind of have the same result. Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines