• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ease Into Push Transition

Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2019 Jun 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working in Premiere and can't ease between two images in a push transition. Do I need to bring the file into After Effects to achieve this?

An example is in this video, the first transition.

Thank you!

https://www.facebook.com/DrRickLevy/videos/1337861866367832/?__xts__[0]=68.ARCSrIRS8OJSO8shZn6cfK8_Z...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 27, 2019 Jun 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could be. Premiere is simply not meant for elaborate animation timing. Of course start by playing around with the various auto-ease modes on the motion effect itself. Perhaps it's enough.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not remember that Premiere Pro has any Influence adjustment option or custom speed setting like in AE, but instead of using a transition I suggest using Keyframes and you apply the Easy Easy interpolation assistants.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jun 28, 2019 Jun 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro does have a graph editor and Ease adjustments but if you want to use the Push or any other transition in this way, here's a workaround. Add your transition, retime it as well as you can using the Transition controls. (Remember that you can adjust the Start and End values in the Transition editor panel) Then nest this sequence. In the nested sequence, add two time remapping keyframes at the start and end of the transition, select them and choose Easy Ease.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Abandon the transition and just put the incoming clip on the track above the outgoing clip, overlapping as many frames as necessary.

Use position keyframes to move the incoming clip over the outgoing clip.  Then twirl down the position parameter in the Effect Controls window to reveal a motion graph very similar to the graph in AE.

Screen Shot 2019-06-28 at 2.15.42 pm.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jun 28, 2019 Jun 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a good solution but for a Push transition you'd need to animate two clips with exactly the same timing, the incoming clip and the outgoing clip, which can be fiddly. Nesting and retiming using time remapping is quicker. But great that you are showing folks the graph editor as a lot of people don't seem to know it exists. Its a great feature in PremPro 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2019 Jun 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi angie thank you I will try this out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jul 11, 2019 Jul 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please let me know how you get on and please mark the answer as correct if it works for you. Thanks 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

after reading this thread, I applaud your solutions Angie and Andrew, but having to use these workarounds is super lame.

I understand Adobe's hands may be tied by keeping backward compatibility for the existing transitions, but could they just build us a set of modern transitions with all the flexibility?

I'm a wiz with After Effects but it's entirely irrelevant when you know a project/roughcut can be fleshed out quickly in just the NLE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2019 Jun 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this may be the solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines