• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Echo Effects doesn't work

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I tried to put the echo effect on several files (.jpg, .png, psd) but it doesn't work. 

First I uploaded a png in AE. I moved it, put the echo effect on it and it did not work. I tried the same with a png and psd. Afterwards I precomposed the jpg, moved the composition and put the echo effect on it. Same with png and psd with no result. 

When I put the echo on text it works perfectly. But obviously I do something wrong. Thanks for your help!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Fixed it. Had to precompose the moved object 

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fixed it. Had to precompose the moved object 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You have to. pre-compose animated layers before you apply the echo effect. That changes the render order and allows Echo to have some moving pixels to work with. 

If you are ever confused about when something renders expand the timeline. The contents of the layer are on top so the pixels are first. After that the masks, then Effects with the top one first, then the Transform Properties. Pre-composing and moving all attributes to the new comp makes everything you have done to that layer render before anything else happens in the main. comp. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines