Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Editing an adobe animate cc in after effects

Explorer ,
Jan 22, 2023 Jan 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello,

I designed a background in adobe animate and I'd like to be able to edit this background in after effects so my question is how to convert the background file into a png?
With an animation I made in animate, I wanted to edit it in after effects and my question is does this animation have to also be in a png sequence? 

My aim: I wanted to edit the animation in after effects with a background. I wanted to have different camera angles of the background by zooming into the background or turning it to a different position. As the background changes to a different angle, the animation will be at a different scene. That's why I was asking if the animation needs to be a png sequence. Let's say, in one scene the character of the animation jumps but when camera angle changes and the background is zoomed in, the character hides under the table. So for these different scenes, would the animation need to be separate png sequence files. So one sequence of the character jumping and another of the character under a table. Or one continuous swf file that includes both movements of the character jumping and hiding.

I hope this makes sense 

Thank you,

Bili 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 22, 2023 Jan 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Animate, File > Export > Image will allow you to export a png.

If your background in Animate is made up of a single image/frame you can just export a single png. If it is made up of multiple frames you can export a sequence using File > Export Movie, and choose PNG sequence.

You may not need to do that though as After Effects can import Animate files using it's File > Import command.

It will convert the FLA into a SWF to import it. This can make editing it later a bit more difficult though. 

For the scenario you are describing I would normally have created the graphics in Illustrator and done all the animation in After Effects or Animate. I only conbine the two applications when I need something from Animate that it is superior at like frame by frame or hand drawn animation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ohh! Okay thank you so much for your swift response. This makes sense now. 

thanks,

Bili 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines