• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error 86 :: 1

New Here ,
May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated my macOS to Monterey 12.4 and installed After Effects 22.4. After the updates I get an 86 :: 1 error when trying to import mp4 files to the project. Before the updates there were no problems what so ever.

Any idea how to fix this?

I have a MacBook Pro 15-inch, 2016

Prcessor 2,6 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7

Memory 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3

TOPICS
Error or problem , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With all .mp4 files or just some? If just some you might want to just convert them to another format before inporting. If all of them then maybe reinstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reinstalling the program didn't help. After some more testing I realised the problem only occurs when importing files from Dropbox. Even if the file is "local" the error pops up, so I need to download the file on my computer to import it to AE. It's a bit of a nuisance! My colleague who has AE 22.4 + macOS Big Sur does not have this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting, if you are offline syncing with DropBox it may be a permissions issue of some sort. You might want to try resetting that or re-installing DropBox if that's the source of the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Essi Pelkonen,

Sorry for your issue.

We're investigating this issue. Would you mind testing if you are able to import the file from external storage? Also, which device was used to record the media?

Let us know.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2023 Jan 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem with multiple file types. I can't open even open exising After Effects projects because all of the links from Dropbox are broken and bring up the same Error 86 :: 1. This includes, MOV, png and jpg files, none of which can be relinked without removing them from DropBox. Have there been any updates to this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2023 Jan 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. Have you found the solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem with multiple file types. I can't open even open exising After Effects projects because all of the links from Dropbox are broken and bring up the same Error 86 :: 1. This includes, MOV, png and jpg files, none of which can be relinked without removing them from DropBox. Have there been any updates to this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download the files from Dropbox to a local drive and then import.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the prompt reply. That's been working for me, but this duplicaiton won't be a practical ongoing solution. I use dropbox to share files with my teams and work from multiple locations. The machine I'm working from today is a late 2015 iMac, so I'm unable to update beyhond Monterey and fear that Adobe won't have much insentive to solve the issue at this point if it's been addressed in OS updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines