• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

error: Internal verification failure, sorry! {no current context} after render attempt.

Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2021 Jul 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

I am getting the message After Effects error: internal verification failure, sorry! {no current context} 

The error arises after I attempt to render my piece. It renders with all sorts of glitches, and when done rendering, those glitches become present in the project. The glitches affect different effects from various companies: uni.gradient, and element 3d most prominently, plus causing layers to disappear when i change their hierarchy, just very glitchy overall.

When I import my problem file into a clean file, the problems go away. That is until I attempt to render again, then the render has those bugs, and the project has those bugs as well. I tried reinstalling Element 3d, but it didn't help. Again, the problems don't crop up until I run a render. (I tried rendering to Prores 422 Lite and Frames).

I am now getting this error message on another project with similar effects, though I don't see the visual glitches, just the error message. 

I'm running the latest version of AE 18.2.1 on a Mac Mini with an M1 chip. 

Thank you!

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Hi all, just to follow up on my issue, in case anyone else is having a similar problem:

I managed to solve all the glitches, however the warning message persists. But I am now back in a workable state. The culprit was Red Giant/Maxon Universe, which was being referenced in other effects so seemed to be affecting multiple developers' plugins. I rolled back a version which had recently been updated, and that seemed to fix the problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 17, 2021 Jul 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You answered your own question: A Mac with an M1 chip. At this point the machine is not even fully compatible with some basic AE functions let alone demanding plug-ins like E3D. That and of course Macs have never been the best choice for any kind of 3D work that is dependent on GPU acceleration. Not in E3D, not in serious 3D tools. So there you have it. You simply have the wrong setup and this will likely never work.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has to be a hall-of-fame unhelpful answer disguised as trying to be helpful. What a pompous, rediculous reply. It's weird how I've produced world class 3D shows on Macs and never seemed to have major issues; gosh, I guess I just had the wrong setup this whole time. It's reasonable question and instead of saying something like "yeah, M1 compatibility is a mess right now, maybe it will work in a few months," you just show the world how bad you are at answering questions. Delete your response, it's embarrassing.

@Mylenium wrote:

You answered your own question: A Mac with an M1 chip. At this point the machine is not even fully compatible with some basic AE functions let alone demanding plug-ins like E3D. That and of course Macs have never been the best choice for any kind of 3D work that is dependent on GPU acceleration. Not in E3D, not in serious 3D tools. So there you have it. You simply have the wrong setup and this will likely never work.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 14, 2023 Dec 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nailed it... what an utterly condescending and incorrect response 🙈

Motion Graphics, Video Creation, Graphic Design

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, just to follow up on my issue, in case anyone else is having a similar problem:

I managed to solve all the glitches, however the warning message persists. But I am now back in a workable state. The culprit was Red Giant/Maxon Universe, which was being referenced in other effects so seemed to be affecting multiple developers' plugins. I rolled back a version which had recently been updated, and that seemed to fix the problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For anyone else having this issue persist, I went back a minor AE version (22.2.1>22.2.0) and that fixed the problem. I do have a couple extensions/plugins including Plural Eyes from Red Giant as well as Motion 3 & Boombox from MtMograph. I'd read on some forums that Red Giant caused the issue for some people but temporarily disabling those didn't seem to fix the issue for me. I was thankful it was an easier solve than it seemed from the searches for me, so hopefully it's the same for you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines