• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Every time i update after effects 2021 (v18.2) it installs v22.2.1? media encoder problems as well.

Explorer ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only want ae 2021. this is because my plugins don't work with ae 2022 as well, and my coloring presents dont show. I have uninstalled 2022 many times. I don't think i need to update ae2021 at this point because it seems that updating it means downloading two versions of the software. Along with that, I downloaded media encoder again because it stopped working for a while and ae2021 always says that it isn't downloaded even when it is. does this mean im downloaded too new of a version to work with ae2021?

TOPICS
Error or problem , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You need to have the same year of Media Encoder installed with the version you want to use; even the beta of AE requires the beta of AME.

You can also have two different versions of AE installed simultaneously so long as they are different years, so you can have 2021 and 2022 installed side by side (with their respective Media Encoder versions). Just make sure you uncheck the option to "remove older versions" when you upgrade so that the prior version is not deleted. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines