• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export problems- regarding h.264

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2024 Feb 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I just updated my driver on my desktop. Which before then, I could export anything just fine. Adobe adjusted to the new driver and I was able to edit and preview in the program just fine. However, when it came to exporting it glitches out the entire thing. Either the video doesn't export but it is an mp4 format, or it will export the video but its all glitched, blended together, then freezes frame. Exporting in both render queue and Media Encoder cause this issue, it allows me to export in AVI format, but I need h.264 and not AVI. I'm not too sure what to do about such. I even went back into previous project files from weeks and months prior with successful exports, but when I tested an export with those, they also glitched out in the results. And yes, test 2 was exported with video on as an mp4, the rest are pics of what the exports look like

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Feb 23, 2024 Feb 23, 2024

When you say "updated my driver" - does that mean you GPU video card driver? 

If that's the case, you could try turning off hardware accelerated exports and see if that helps. 

Can you roll back to a previous GPU driver that did work? 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Mar 11, 2024 Mar 11, 2024

What version of After Effects are you using? Are you rendering inside AE or out to Media Encoder? 

Are you using an NVIDIA GPU? What version of the drivers do you have installed? 

Are you using hardware or software encoding during export? 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 23, 2024 Feb 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say "updated my driver" - does that mean you GPU video card driver? 

If that's the case, you could try turning off hardware accelerated exports and see if that helps. 

Can you roll back to a previous GPU driver that did work? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2024 Mar 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys, I've been trying to render a video from After Effects or Premiere Pro for days now and I keep getting the same broken result despite different export settings. I created the rough cut in Premiere, then replaced the whole timeline with an After Effects composition and added animations there using PSDs. Regardless of whether I use Premiere, After Effects or the Media Encoder to export, it always looks like the photo. The audio track runs normally and the rest is just a huge glitch... You can see behind the glitches that all the scenes of the video (about 3 min long in total) can be seen briefly in the first 15 seconds and then just get stuck somewhere in the last scene and then we see this still image for over two minutes. I hope someone knows what the problem is and can tell me what to do, I haven't found anything helpful on the internet so far.

Screenshot 2024-03-19 131504.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 20, 2024 Mar 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Robert,

Sorry for the poor experience. Do you have an NVIDIA GPU? If so, please perform a clean installation of NVIDIA Studio Driver 551.23 (https://adobe.ly/4cs7gxZ). If you do not have an NVIDIA GPU, please share your system specifications (OS, OS version, CPU, GPU, RAM) and export settings (codec, format, frame rate). As a workaround, changing the codec to Quicktime Prores 422 might help.

Thanks,

Ishan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2024 Mar 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes it works now, thank you so much!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2024 Feb 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, I have a problem with After Effects when exporting in H264 format, a few weeks ago it was working perfectly but since yesterday when it finishes exporting through the Media Encoder, the file is damaged.

I have already tried:
- Uninstall and reinstall the program
- Install older versions like 23.0
- Install the BETA version
- Lowering the bitrate

Nothing solves the problem and it always exports wrong, but if I export well in any other format such as: Quicktime, avi, webm, H265.

Sometimes the file looks corrupted and sometimes nothing appears in the video and just leaves the audio or removes it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2024 Feb 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm having the same problem, I could only export in H264 at a bitrate lower than 3, any level higher than 3 is exporting corrupted, I've already reinstalled, Updated, and verified the video driver settings, and I've even tried to export in Quicktime, which is working, and convert to H364 using media encoder, but is resulting on the same error, All of the 3 software is resulting on this error, Premiere, After and Media encoder. It probably is something on the Adobe render engine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 01, 2024 Mar 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's the version of After Effects and Media Encoder you're using? Are you macOS or Windows? Are you using a custom preset to export H.264? If so, can you try with one of the presets available by default?

Please report back.

Note: Moving this thread from Bugs to Discussions for troubleshooting.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the lastest version of after effects 24.2.1, on windows, using the presets available by default. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which media player are you using to preview? Can you try importing the H.264 file back into After Effects and see if the issue persists? Are any of your files saved in a folder that's synced with the cloud (Google Drive, Dropbox, etc)?

Let us know.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use the player VLC, and I've used the media player native and still with the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If NVIDIA graphics, make sure to use a Studio Driver from NVIDIA (NOT the Game Driver), but not the latest version - it has issues with Premiere Pro and may have issues with After Effects and AME.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU!!! It's was this the reason, is was the Nvidia Studio driver version. I've made a downgrade to the version 551.23 and the render worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 02, 2024 Mar 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome. icon_smile.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ao renderizar no After Effects no formato H.264, o video fica somente o fundo. Mas no formato AVI, fica certo.Captura de tela 2024-03-01 102213.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update your graphics driver, check your hardware acceleration stuff.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are hearing some reports of a recent NVIDIA driver causing encoding issues, not only in AE but in multiple video editing products. As Mylenium suggests, try changing your GPU driver and see if that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2024 Mar 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i'm in middle of a very important project and AE exporting is causing the video to be nothing but a huge stretched glitch. Kindly help me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 06, 2024 Mar 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there,

Sorry for the issue. Are you using an NVIDIA GPU? If so, can you check if there are any Studio Driver updates available for your GPU? Please also share which GPU you're using and your export settings. That will help us suggest workarounds for the problem. You can also try setting the Performance field under the Video options in the export settings to Software Only to export without using the GPU. That might help you export without any issues.

Thanks,

Ishan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2024 Mar 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello can somebody help.. 

My after effect work render just as 3- 6 sec video and its glitchy .. i did reset it all preferences and redownload ...nothing changed .. thanks 2024-03-11-22-19-07.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 11, 2024 Mar 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of After Effects are you using? Are you rendering inside AE or out to Media Encoder? 

Are you using an NVIDIA GPU? What version of the drivers do you have installed? 

Are you using hardware or software encoding during export? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 12, 2024 Mar 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It could be the Nvidia GPU driver. Try downgrading it if you're using one. If not, try exporting using the Software Encoding.

Let us know how it goes.

Note: Moving this thread from Bugs to Discussions for troubleshooting.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines