• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Expression controlling Audio Levels works as expected in AE, but not as MOGRT

Contributor ,
May 16, 2023 May 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a MOGRT file with an audio clip. I have added some simple logic to the 'Audio Levels' property, essentially to mute it dynamically. 

Works fine when testing in AE, but as soom as you render it out as a MOGRT and bring it into Premiere, the expression no longer has any effect. The waveform gets "baked in."

Is this expected behavior? Or am I msising something? 

TOPICS
Error or problem , Expressions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a limitation you have to live with for the time being.No doubt what you want could just as well be achieved using the auto-limiter in Audition or a custom effects stack with parametric EQ and all that good stuff, so maybe give that a whirl...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Figured that, all good.

Any plans that you're aware of to make MOGRT audio tracks "smart" ? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A MOGRT has no way to create new keyframes. You need to be able to Create Keyframes from Audio to generate those keyframes, so, for now, you are out of luck.

It is possible to use existing keyframes; you just cannot create new ones from a new audio track in Premiere Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are no keyframes on the Audio Levels property. The layer dynamically switches between [0,0] and [-192,-192]. It works as expected in AE, but not in Pr. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You have to generate the keyframes using an audio track. There is no way to do that from inside Premiere Pro. You have to have an audio track in After Effects and use the Keyframe Assistant to create the keyframes. 

You cannot do that in Premiere Pro. It has to be done in After Effects, so that is why a MOGRT will not work as a Graphic in Premiere Pro. There is no way to analyze an audio track, create keyframes, then adjust the parameters necessary to create an animation.

OOPS, I just realized my mistake. I thought you were using Audio to Keyframes instead of trying to adjust audio levels. The same problem still exists. Extended Graphics MOGRTs cannot control audio levels on audio tracks in Premiere Pro. You can see this if you select Solor Supported Properties in the EGP and look for any audio properties that are selected in the timeline. There are none. If Audio Levels showed up as a supported property, you would be able to drag them from the timeline to the EGP and edit them in Premiere Pro. You can add an audio track, but you have to control it in Premiere Pro with the Audio Track Controls available there. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines