• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Extendscript, can I grab script UI from a secondary script, in a tabbed panel in my primary script?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2022 Sep 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to build a primary script thats referencing a bunch of secondary scripts, instead of running it like a toolbar where the script runs onClick(), i wanted to know if there was a way I could have the actual script window ui in a tabbed panel without just copy pasting the whole script in (so like using #includes and running it from a secondary script) 

cherleelynn_0-1663783980418.png

TOPICS
How to , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 21, 2022 Sep 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think there is a way that would work with any kind of secondary script. You would need to structure your secondary scripts, such that they have a function that creates their UI inside an arbitrary container and then expose that function to your main script.

My iExpressions is kind of working that way, where each individual expression can create its own UI inside the main UI of the tool.

Mathias Möhl - Developer of tools like BeatEdit and Automation Blocks for Premiere Pro and After Effects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 22, 2022 Sep 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you can try compcode script, it has a feature:

https://aescripts.com/compcode/

image_2022-09-22_175841285.png
compPack
Included is the compPack feature which allows you to package together multiple scripts into one beautiful, searchable UI panel. Have folders of scripts inside of other folders, compPack is smart enough to rebuild the UI to match your existing folder structure.

In addition add artwork and information buttons to polish your UI, and get it ready to share with others in a professional looking tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines