Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Extreme Render Times For Simple Comps In AE

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there.

I've had the feeling for quite some time now, that Ae redertimes keep getting longer and longer with every new release. Todays render might be a new negative record. I've got an absolut basic comp, only consisting of some verctor layers out of Ai files. Only position, scale, and rotation keyframes are used. No effects, no time remapping, no crazy precomps - Rendering straight out of Ae, not via Media Encoder - Quicktime codec without compression.
I'm getting render times betwen 4 - 8 frames per minute. Has anyone encountered similar problems or has an idea what might cause this insane render times?

I'm glad for any advice.

Greetings

TOPICS
Error or problem , Performance , Resources

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2022 Apr 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After some back and forth, i have identified the Illustartor files to be the cause of the issues. It seems Ae is having trouble rendering those as vector layers. I now have disabeld the verctorylayer checkmark and instead scaled up the canvas inside Ai. Now Ae is handling them as pixel images, but this is giving me a way better performance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 07, 2022 Apr 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's interesting.  I don't do much with Illustrator files, but it's a useful tip if anyone gets the same issue.  Thanks for reporting back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines