• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File rendered by After Effects and Media Encoder don't play

Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2022 Dec 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there. I have been trying to render some videos on After Effects 23.1 and Media Encoder 23.1 but the files that are rendered don't play at all and have 0kB size, and this started all of a sudden, I haven't changed any configurations on ant of them. I've already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the programs, updating the graphic card software and rendering in some other formats, but none of these worked. Does anyone know what's going on?

TOPICS
Error or problem , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 15, 2022 Dec 15, 2022

Hey Thor,

This shouldn't be happening! Could you try creating a new folder on your desktop without special characters (like tildes) and exporting your file (make sure the file name does not have any special characters)? 

Thanks,

Ishan

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 14, 2022 Dec 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you check the permission of the folder where you are going to save the file? Can everyone get access to it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2022 Dec 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess, I'm trying to render it directly to a folder in my notebook. Do I have to enable any options on AE or ME? I've rendered some videos before and haven't any any problems before. The odd thing is that when I inspect the file that rendered it shows that is has 0kB on disc. 

Captura de Tela (437).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 15, 2022 Dec 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Thor,

This shouldn't be happening! Could you try creating a new folder on your desktop without special characters (like tildes) and exporting your file (make sure the file name does not have any special characters)? 

Thanks,

Ishan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2023 Jan 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, Ishan. I tried yout suggestion and it worked! Thank you sooooo much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 12, 2023 Jan 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad I could help! The engineering team is working on a fix. Meanwhile, you can also try these potential workarounds

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines