Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

First time making a animation

New Here ,
May 14, 2021 May 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo,

I got a question... My manager want us to learn how to make animations, especially character animations. Me and my colleagues think that After Effects is a good program for that. We don't have any experience and can't get a course, there is no money for that. So another colleague (he knows nothing of animations) told us you can find everything on the internet. Like tutorials, templates.

Me and my colleague already found out that it's very complex to make character animations. We also asked someone with a lot of experience.

So let's get to the point. My question is: is there a way to learn how to make character animations quickly, without a course?

Thanks!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 14, 2021 May 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe Character Animator is a much easier program to use for getting started with animating characters. After Effects has a much longer learning curve. Character animation using After Effects also requires a fair amount of drawing skills and a good understanding of Photoshop and Illustrator. 

If you could share some links to the style of animation you are trying to create, we could give you a much better idea of the best way to get started. None of the solutions are as simple as just clicking on a couple of buttons. You'll need several days to go over the basics of the UI and the workflow to figure out how to use After Effects. Just jumping in to try and create character animation isn't a good idea. To get a general idea of how After Effects works start with the User Guide. You can always find a link to it on the After Effects product page. You should also explore the learning resources in the Learn Workspace and on the Welcome Screen when AE opens for the first time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines