Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flip/mirror character rig: Possible?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Is it possible to flip/mirror a bone rigged character quickly (duik or rubberhose 2)? 

I want to switch to AE mainly as its workflow is very fast, but having to rig a character twice or spending a lot of time to mirror it defeats that purpose, as I mainly work with characters who often need to walk in both directions. Would appreciate any advice!

Andreas 

TOPICS
FAQ , How to , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The scripts themselves would have to make provision for that, so contact the developers. Of course it's possible to modify the expressions manually as well, but it might take just as long as creating a second rig from scratch.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, that's what I thought, at the same time I hoped that somebody here has found a quicker way to mirror a character. I also reached out to Battleaxe support (Rubberhose) and will post their reply here. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It really depends on how the characters are created.
If you can break it down to a step by step recipe like

- for each effect control with name "bend direction" set its value to 100 minus its original bend duration

- for each selected layer set its x scale to -1 times its original y scale (to flip it)

then it would be very interesting to implement that with Automation Blocks.
Let me know if you can break it down to such a recipe, maybe I can help with implementing it in AB then

🙂

Mathias Möhl - Developer of tools like BeatEdit and Automation Blocks for Premiere Pro and After Effects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines