• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Freezing Roto Brush undo's rotoscoping

New Here ,
Aug 22, 2021 Aug 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So whenever I click the freeze button after I've finished rotoscoping it doesn't come up with any pop up telling me that it's freezing the frames, instead it doesn't do anything from what I can see. I'm sure it's a easy fix, thanks! :).

Screenshots of my problem:

1.PNG2.PNG3.PNG
TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved from Premiere to Ae forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks more like the Roto mask was deleted than anything else. What was your workflow? What are the system specs, OS version, and AE version down to the last decimal point?

My standard workflow is to advance one frame at a time making adjustments as necessary until I get to the end, then I look at the actual matte and check it on a bunch of frames. I make any further adjustments before choosing Freeze. After the matte is frozen you should still be able to view the mattes in the Layer Panel, and you should still be able to fine-tune the settings in the Effects Control Panel to refine things like motion blur, feather, and other properties. 

Unless the clip is very short and very simple, my next step is to pre-compose the Rotobrush layer (I usually have only one layer in a comp when I'm rotoscoping anyway) and then I export the footage using the Lossless preset or use Composition/Prerender from the menu to render and replace the Rotobrush comp in the project, then I delete the rotobrush comp to clean up the project file and provide more stability to the project.

There are some bugs in Rotobrush 2 that can be fixed by just choosing Rotobrush 1 in the options before you start. 

Give us some more details and we may be able to help you figure out the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, my system specs are 16 GB ram, i7-8700 and GTX 1660 with Windows 10 64-bit lastest verison. The version of AE I'm using is 18.1.

My workflow starts with me doing around a 1 second of manual frame by frame rotobrushing and then letting the computer do the rest, if it does mess up along the way I fix it and then let it continue until the clip is done. I then look over the whole clip and once again fix anything I miss the first time, I then freeze the clip, mess around with feathering, colour spill etc, look over it in the composition, save it and then go to premiere pro and use the clip in my project.

The clip is pretty simple but is around 10 seconds long.

Side note: only the first frame is showing up in the composition window, the rest is just black.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines