• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Generate Stroke Does not work

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright, so I'm working on a simple animation where a line slowly appear across the screen (for reference: Simple Line animation in Adobe After Effects 2014 - YouTube ). I managed to do it a couple days ago but my project crashed and it didn't save. When I went to remake the same line animation the line won't generate. I apply the stroke effect and anything I do in the effect panel does nothing to the line. I can do all these things (increase brush stroke,opacity,start/end points) but it doesn't show up (Adjusting these has no effect, look at the effect controls panel in both pictures). Do I have some setting turned on/off? Is this a glitch? Is there an alternative method I can use? I've rebooted after effect many times, and opened new projects, but the result is the same. Somebody please help me I'm going insane.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's because you made a shape and not a solid.  That's how they do it in that tutorial.

It can also be done by animating the stroke on a shape layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The thing that always cracks me up about posts like this (though you'd never know by my scowl)

is when they claim they did it exactly the same way a "couple of days ago" and it worked.  LOL

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2018 Jan 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also, you will never see results if your path is set to "none" in the stroke effect.

If you're using a shape layer, instead of using stroke, add a "trim paths" modifier to your path and animate that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines