• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Glitch/Artefacts, software problem or GPU problem?

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem has been constant since I acquired a new PC, it appears suddenly and only shows on the "render window" of AE and not on the UI, everytime it happens I need to restart my PC and it goes away until it eventually comes back, which could happen after a hour or days after.

Is this something related to my GPU? Or any software problem?

ae-glitch.jpg

TOPICS
Error or problem , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Definitely your graphics driver breaking down and messing up GPU acceleration. If it happens so irregularly, though, it stands to reason that this is caused by some external influence like another app also using GPU resources extensively and corrupting the buffers/ video memory or the card slowly overheating. Hard to tell without specific info. As a start you may want to keep your resource monitor/ task manager open and pin the window to the foreground, then wait for the issue to appear. You should definitely see some processes going out of wack and the performance graphs spiking. this may offer some clues what the culprit could be.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hola, este es caso tipico de error de tarjeta grafica,  y aunque no nos dices que tipo de PC o Mac usas, deberias intentar actualizar los drivers de la tarjeta grafica, quizas eso soluciones tu problema.

saludos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Mylenium @Harold SIlva B. Thanks for the replies, the GPU is a brand new Nvidia GTX 3070, when this happens the GPU isn't much active and the fans don't even turn on, even though it's common for renders to crash or slow down to zero and forcing me to restart when I spend too much time rendering, but when I restart the problem goes away.

It's so weird since this also happened with my previous iMac and now it happens with my PC, everytime with AE / Media Encoder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are yo working with Media Encoder 2022?
I have some problems with this version. I reinstall 2021 version and dont have any problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2021 Dec 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever fix this? I'm having the same issue after installing my new 3080

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 06, 2022 Apr 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also experiencing this same issue. As far as I can tell my GPU seems to be fine everywhere else it's only glitching like this within after effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 16, 2022 Sep 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

bumping this thread again. Updating my after effects via CC isn't working nor is the latest studio drivers for NVIDIA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines