Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Gradient Opacity

New Here ,
Jun 26, 2022 Jun 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

Im new to the AE and im trying to achive something that's way off my skills. I'm bad at explaining things so let me show you! 

Patryk25016719xor7_0-1656241148920.png

I want to keep only red color and make white color transparent, how do i make white color transparent on this gradient effect (Gradient Ramp)

Thanks, sorry for my english.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately there is no way to make a color transparent with the Gradient Ramp effect, BUT you can do this:

Follow this video:

(When I made the shape layer, I just double-clicked the rectangle tool to basically make a solid fill the whole screen.

~Jake

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Effect --> Generate --> Circle. No need to make it anyy more complicated than that, much less rely on clunky workflows with shape layers and layer styles. Alternatively simply throw on a Colorama effect after your Ramp and enable the Alpha options to change colors and transparencies. In such a case it would be beneficial to keep the initial gradient black and white for better control.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines