Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

guassian and radial blur create edges on layers

New Here ,
Mar 21, 2022 Mar 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi community,

When I apply guassian or radial blur to shape a layer, the blur will cut off at random edges. I've attached an example image of a Ben Marriott tutorial project I've been working on which demonstrates what I mean. 

I have tried expanding the scale of the effect itself using the bounding box, I have also tried maxing the effects quality. Neither have appeared to help.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. cheers. radial blur edge.PNG

TOPICS
Error or problem , Expressions , Resources

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2022 Mar 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to mention I have also applied these effects through an adjustment layer which is then placed above the shape layers, if that information helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Asha5CC7,

Try turning off Repeat Edge Pixels on Gaussian Blur. You can also use Fast Box Blur instead which has fewer visual artifacts overall. It is a different Gaussian approximation.

Cheers,

Jason

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

this worked! and it was right there infront of me, thanks jason, appreciate it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines