• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hello, is there a way to zoom to an object in 3d space, like blender/Maya?

Participant ,
Nov 10, 2018 Nov 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been messing around with 3d, and i find myself  moving the camera around just to find my layers position.  In blender, or maya, there is an option to hit a key ( period, or F) and the camera will zoom to the location of the object.  I was wondering if there's a similar key for After Effects.  I've checked the forums, and the shortcuts menu, and so far no joy.  If there is let me know.  Thanks!

Chris

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Nov 10, 2018 Nov 10, 2018

found an alternative that works.  That is to create a camera and copy the position values of your target and paste them into your cameras.  But if there is a shortcut that does same thing let me know.  Watching this guys video kind of helps:  Animating a Camera 1: Camera Difficulties - YouTube  

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Nov 10, 2018 Nov 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

found an alternative that works.  That is to create a camera and copy the position values of your target and paste them into your cameras.  But if there is a shortcut that does same thing let me know.  Watching this guys video kind of helps:  Animating a Camera 1: Camera Difficulties - YouTube  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines