• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help After effects is unusable

Engaged ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know how to use after effects and frequently over the years have played with large files, many gigs and its run like clockwork. I have not had cause to use it in some months

I am on windows 11, core i7 11600k, rtx 3080 32 gigs of ram. Its never been run on here.

Trying to load a 500meg MP4 file. Whole system just melts down, it cannot work. Sound is all distorted or apparently running at quarter speed, cannot stop and start line, I simply cannot use it. All ram is pegged, it wont do anything until its loaded in ram. The harddrives are all PCI SSDs, this is a fast syetem.

Is there something fundamental I need to do, I am supposed to be sorting out a video tonight for tomorrow.

TOPICS
Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In order to get you up and running, use Adobe Media Encoder to change that MP4 into a QuickTime file with the ProRes codec. See if AE performs more smoothly with the ProRes file. Sometimes, some MP4s just clog it up somehow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines