Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help me | My composition screen suddenly freezes and I can't continue my work

New Here ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have recently installed After Effects in my new computer, but i can't make any animation, because the composition preview freezes. I have tried to reinstall the program, also saw some tutorials on youtube, but all these attempts didn't work. I can create some forms and animations, but in about 3 minutes, the preview screen simply stops working.

My computer is a Lenovo Thinkpad T14, with IntelCore vPro i5 2.60GHz , 16,0 GB ram and video card Intel Iris Xe.

I hope you can help me. Thanks!

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang , How to , Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Hello, 

Thanks to you both.

I had opened a ticket in my company IT support, then they helped me to update the GPU driver, and now the AE is working good.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The usual solutions apply: Update your graphics driver and configure it suitably, check the hardware acceleration settings inside AE. Also consider switching to software-only rendering, which may be required, anyway, since intel-only GPU support is at best problematic in Ae and rarely ever works satisfactorily.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lucas23614152ceta,

I agree with Mylenium's suggestion to update the GPU driver. Do not rely on Windows to update it. You can do it manually. Here's how: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005629/graphics.html

Do not forget to verify once you've installed the update: https://support.viewsonic.com/en/support/solutions/articles/33000221571-how-to-check-graphics-card-d...

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, 

Thanks to you both.

I had opened a ticket in my company IT support, then they helped me to update the GPU driver, and now the AE is working good.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines