• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help with Camera! (please)

Explorer ,
Jun 10, 2024 Jun 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I'm having trouble understanding AE's camera. I want these horizontal lines to really come together at the vanishing point (like the red lines in the uploaded image). But nothing I do to the camera (point of view, etc) is giving me the perspective that I need. Help!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 12, 2024 Jun 12, 2024

Perspective is controlled by camera position, focal length controls the angle of view only. If you want to have a steeper angle to the vanishing point, the camera needs to be closer to the main subject. That would be the bottom line in your screenshot. Move the camera closer to the line, then increase the angle of view to get the results you want. Try opening the camera settings and select a 24 mm lens, then reset the position to move the camera closer to the bottom line. 

This rule applies to

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jun 11, 2024 Jun 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perspective is defined by the zoom factor/ focal range/ FOV. Strong perspective requires a shorter focus. That and of course you need som acxtuall separation between the lines to get correct depth percpetion. Just spacing them 10 pixels apart or whatever isn't going to do much.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 12, 2024 Jun 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply!  I'll play around with the Zoom/Focal range, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perspective is controlled by camera position, focal length controls the angle of view only. If you want to have a steeper angle to the vanishing point, the camera needs to be closer to the main subject. That would be the bottom line in your screenshot. Move the camera closer to the line, then increase the angle of view to get the results you want. Try opening the camera settings and select a 24 mm lens, then reset the position to move the camera closer to the bottom line. 

This rule applies to both virtual and real cameras. A wide angle lens only gives you an exagerated peerspective if you move the camera closer to the subject. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Rick!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines