Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hextile Borders

Explorer ,
Jan 08, 2020 Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I was wondering if there was a way to increase the hextile borders in AE?  I'm attempting to recreate a design to help me get better with the program but I can't seem to find anything that would allow me to increase the border size or even add a stroke

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exactly? Your post is at best generic and vague. How do you even create the hex tiles? You need to make an effort to actually explain your setup and procedures.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 10, 2020 Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just going to put this here "Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more". Your response doesn't do this. However, I will answer the question.

In after effects, there is a plugin called Hex tile. It creates a hexagon tile to the layer you are working with. Now the border that surrounds these hexagons is very thin. To compare it, it resembles the thin layer of working with shape layers. That was where my question comes in. Is there a way to increase that border. I can make the hexagon bigger, but the border is still very thin. I still don't know the answer to this. I don't think you can.

Sorry for replying almost six months later, but I didn't get a notification that someone replied. Otherwise, I would have answered sooner.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2022 Sep 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Matthew,

Sorry this answer comes so late. I'm sure you figured it out by now lol, but I didn't see a solution here and I see a lot of likes on your issue, so here we are!

I just ran into a similar issue and I found a workaround. If your issue is like mine - you apply hextile to a shape and all you can do is change the radius but the space between the shapes doesn't change.

The solution is to place your desired shape in a precomp or a new composition. Apply the hextile effect to that new precomp/comp. Now you can change the radius and see the distance between the shapes / the space between the shapes increase. You can also go back to the precomp/comp and change the size of the shape so that the desired effect is exactly what you want.

Best Regards,

Jared Brotman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines