• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how can I import sound into After Effects

Enthusiast ,
Feb 13, 2020 Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to import four lines of text. I made the file in Adobe Animate brought it into AE and refined some things. Now, I have four short lines of spoken words that need to be included. Did I mess up? If so, any suggestions of how to remedy?

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Feb 17, 2020 Feb 17, 2020

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. You can import your audio files by navigating to File > Import. Click here to know more about the supported file formats by After Effects.

Let us know if this is not what you are looking for.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

You should be able to add audio files to the timeline just like any other kind of media - just drag it in there.
They'll look like any other layer in the timeline, but obviously won't have a visual component, so they won't have an eyeball switch, Transform properties, etc. 

Is this not working for you? If not, can you tell us more about your files? If AE allows you to import it into the project, it'll let you put it into a timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 17, 2020 Feb 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. You can import your audio files by navigating to File > Import. Click here to know more about the supported file formats by After Effects.

Let us know if this is not what you are looking for.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Nishu,

Thank you for your feedback. The acutal problem I have with AE is what do I do with it after I import it. There doesn't seem to be a way to lay the sound in the timeline. There are ten things listed in the 'New' section of the 'Layer' panel - none of them indicate sound. Even the training videos don't seem to cover it. The two I could find told me how to use AE sound effects, the other told me which files are importable. No where can I find how to  put it in the timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should be able to add audio files to the timeline just like any other kind of media - just drag it in there.
They'll look like any other layer in the timeline, but obviously won't have a visual component, so they won't have an eyeball switch, Transform properties, etc. 

Is this not working for you? If not, can you tell us more about your files? If AE allows you to import it into the project, it'll let you put it into a timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was SO easy I didn't try it. Thanks, it's all working now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2021 Jun 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

check this step-by-step guide how to add sound with pictures

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines