• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I trim a clip over 3hrs long?

Explorer ,
Dec 27, 2022 Dec 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recorded some work process before I knew there was a limit to the after effects comp. I want to shrink a couple videos down for a timelapse. 2 videos are over three hours and extend past the timeline. When I press timelapse: enable, I dont see the end of the keyframes even if I drag the end of the clip to the left so I can see it. Two keyframes show up on the shorter length clips that fit within 3hrs, so I thought if I cut the clip in two and add a keyframe to each it would work, but its adding the keyframe to the "ghost" ends of the clip where I cropped out the footage. Im so confused. Is there a way to permanently delete those useless ends I trimmed out?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 27, 2022 Dec 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use Premiere Pro to edit and trim your footage. Your whole workflow doesn't make any sense.

Mylenium 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 28, 2022 Dec 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lol record footage -> insert footage. Is there an easier way to get a time-lapse from multiple days? I ended up splitting the video in the screen capture footage which solved things. I think it might be a bug that the key frames don't show up on super long clips 🤔 I'll use premier next time and see if it's faster than the work around. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 28, 2022 Dec 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If I understand your workflow correctly you have recorded a video that is 3 hours long. Now you want that 3hour video to playback in just a few seconds.  In Premiere Pro or in After Effects, you can do this mathematically using the File/Interpret Footage menu or in Premeire Pro by doing the same thing. You simply chanagee the interprets frame rate. There is a limit, but all you have to do is a little math.

If the footage is 3 hours long and was originally 30 fps and you want it to playback in 1 hour, multiply the frame rate by 3 and set it to 90 fps. Your 3 hours of real time is not 1 hour of screen time. If you want 3 hours to become  6 minutes just do the math. This will work until you run out of available frame rates. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines