• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to get HEVC /H265 in after effects or in adobe media encoder ?

Apr 02, 2016 Apr 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I would like to make a 4K video composition (4096x2304) at 60fps , h264 don't allow to do this. So I need h265.

Thanks

TOPICS
How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 02, 2016 Apr 02, 2016

First, are you sure you want to do that. You'll need specialized hardware to playback 60 fps at that frame size. H.265 has not been integrated yet or fully developed and released. Rendering to not fully developed codecs has always required external rendering options. Look for Adobe and other major players to adopt the format in the future, but for now I would suggest you point yourself to developer websites and see what they have to offer that is compatible with your OS. x265 HEVC Encoder / H.265 Video Codec

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, are you sure you want to do that. You'll need specialized hardware to playback 60 fps at that frame size. H.265 has not been integrated yet or fully developed and released. Rendering to not fully developed codecs has always required external rendering options. Look for Adobe and other major players to adopt the format in the future, but for now I would suggest you point yourself to developer websites and see what they have to offer that is compatible with your OS. x265 HEVC Encoder / H.265 Video Codec

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

use adobe media encoder HEVC h.265 preset.

but keep in mind, its practically beta. It may not work in other applications or devices.

handbrake is a possibility as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 04, 2016 Apr 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In which adobe media encoder version I get the the HEVC beta preset ? Or do you have to download files  to include it ?

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2017 Feb 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone!

I saw in internet HEVC h265 for after effects cc but I haven't! I need it. I have after effects cc 2017, how can I get h265? Anyway I have a PC with high performance so the PC isn't the problem. Let me know please! Goodbye

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 28, 2017 Feb 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nicolaf16806055  wrote

I have after effects cc 2017, how can I get h265?

Just like H.264, you don't get H.265 in After Effects, you get it in Adobe Media Encoder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have media encoder too (2017) but there isn't h265 anyway.. how can I do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I see the list of options you do have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Immagine.pnghere you are.. there is h264 but no h265

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nicolaf16806055 said:

h264 but no h265

Did you read the answer to the question. H.265 is a format in development and not supported yet in mainstream NLE's or encoding software. Not all media players support the format. You'll have to experiment with developer tools or use the developers software until or if the format becomes standardized.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HEVC (H.265) is included in Premiere Pro and Adobe Media Encoder since CC 2015.1. See this page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2017 Dec 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Szalam You have right !
HEVC H.265.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2022 Apr 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

man, i wish people didn't respond to questions they don't know the answers to. ame DOES have hvec since (i think) 2015. under certain circumstances the codec doesn't show, tho. which is what's happening here. i'm on the same boat right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey?..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You got Premiere installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I haven't, should I get it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2023 Oct 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So none of these answers help. Let's be straight here. The  H.265 codec only seems to be working in Premiere Pro. I doesn't show up AME by itself. And it does not show up a a rendering option in After Effects. You need to find a plugin for adobe that will install the H.265 Codec to be able o use it outside of Adobe Premiere.  By the way everything I mentioned is true for Adobe CC 2018.  I'm not sure how true it is for 2020 to 2023 suites as I no longer have a subscription and am using alternate software aside from adobe.  I would recommend Autokroma's plugins. Influx and AfterCodecs should just solve issues. You will be spending about $200 to $300. But it's a one time payment. The free trials are available too but they expire after a while.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines