• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to get rid of black dots in GIF export

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I get rid of the black dots that show up in gif exports? I know that they happen because of the dithering between transparencies. I've tried opening the gif in Photoshop to see if I can somehow control it in there, but I still don't know where I can turn off the dithering or if I even have the option. Has anyone solved this problem before?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Don't open the gif in Photoshop, render a lossless movie from After Effects using the Render Queue and the lossless preset, open that movie in Photoshop, and export a new gif.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

You are not following the right workflow. Set the timing of each frame, use legacy export, and select loop.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't open the gif in Photoshop, render a lossless movie from After Effects using the Render Queue and the lossless preset, open that movie in Photoshop, and export a new gif.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I export as a GIF from Photoshop, all I get is a single still image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are not following the right workflow. Set the timing of each frame, use legacy export, and select loop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you exporting this, exactly?

The built-in gif export options are ... ok. I like GifGun, personally, but there are also good websites like EZGif that can convert and/or optimize gifs extremely well. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2023 Mar 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just used Gifgun. I highly recomend it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines