• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to increase UI font size in After Effects?

New Here ,
Jan 25, 2014 Jan 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there.

I have a lil problem. I have high rez monitor and using AE CS6 but I couldn't find about change UI font size menu.

Is that possible? My OS windows 7.

Best,

Kuma

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Jan 26, 2014 Jan 26, 2014

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2023 Sep 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Claude,

thanks a lot for your reply. The trick with the console does indeed help a bit (I'm currently at Version 23.6.0, Build 62). Note for other users: after having opened the Console via Ctrl + F12, the "Debug Database View" can be accessed by clicking on the three bars next to the console tab where you would also close it. This way, there is a search bar popping up where you can search for "font". It will be applied after the next restart of AE.

However, only a few UI elements have this font applied. Most importantly, the Effects tab and the layers are not affected by this. For me (on a 4K monitor), it looks like this which is still an accessibility hell even for users with normal vision:

After Effects Small UI Issue.jpg

I totally agree to a YouTube comment I've read here: "[...] why project panel and media titles are so small, should I use a [...] lens to read the transform number size? And I'm not an 80year old".

All the best,

Splines

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2024 Jul 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello ADOBE, July 2024 and this problem is still not fixed. The text size of the user interface is really too small for our increasingly large screens. The "Console" method (Ctrl/Cmd + F12) only allows us to increase the size of the title of the different windows, the content itself remains really too small. We need a setting for the UI display size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines