• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to matte entire shapes in a pattern

Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2023 Mar 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the title sounded confusing, that's because I was confused on how to phrase the question. I need to create an effect where a pattern of dots trickle down and then fill in completely (see attached images). I've used two different mattes, one of a solid with fractal noise applied, and one that fills to white to complete the transition. I then precomped those mattes together and set the dot pattern I created to luma matte that precomp. What I'm ending up with is all the dots cut into pieces when what I want is either for them to show or not show. Does that make sense? Any ideas how to make this happen?Matte Fill Example.pngPattern Fill Example.pngPattern Fill Result.png

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your matte doesn't make much sense. If you want stuff to hard-clip, adjust the contrast accordingly so you only end up with blacks and whites. Conversely, match the grid pattern by quantizing your matte with the Mosaic effect, not using the built-in square mode of Fractal Noise. And if you want the matte itself to be animated, you may need to matte the matte with your gradient/ another fractal noise, which may also need to be adjusted and quantized. It's all about structuring your steps, not trying to do it in a single sweep.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, I knew I was probably going about this all wrong. Thanks for the tip. I'll see if I can use mosaic to fix my issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines