• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to merge 2 masks or make 2 shapes into 1 mask

New Here ,
May 28, 2018 May 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to apply the audio spectrum effect to a Star of David shape but to make on I need to make 2 triangles and have 1 of the triangles upside down. But that would create 2 shapes/masks and I wouldn't be able to apply the audio spectrum effect. There is indeed a 6 pointed star I can use but it's not quite a Star of David.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 28, 2018 May 28, 2018

you can always use 2 layers with the same effect - layer1 for mask1 and layer2 for mask2. you can copy with property links (Ctrl+Alt+C) the effect from layer1 to layer2 and control almost all the parameters only in layer 1.

if you do want to merge paths you can:
1. trace the star of david manually with the pen tool using only one path

or

2. join the paths in illustrator (path finder "Unite for example) or in Photoshop (Merge shapes) and bring them back to Ae as one path.

BTW you can copy paste the M

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 28, 2018 May 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can always use 2 layers with the same effect - layer1 for mask1 and layer2 for mask2. you can copy with property links (Ctrl+Alt+C) the effect from layer1 to layer2 and control almost all the parameters only in layer 1.

if you do want to merge paths you can:
1. trace the star of david manually with the pen tool using only one path

or

2. join the paths in illustrator (path finder "Unite for example) or in Photoshop (Merge shapes) and bring them back to Ae as one path.

BTW you can copy paste the Masks from Ae to Ai or Ps and back by simply copy pasting.

or if you up for experimentation

3. use the auto-trace command on the layer with the masks (make sure both masks are set to Add on a Solid layer), set the roundness to 0%, turn on the "Preview" and see that the result is satisfactory, check "apply to new layer" and hit OK. you may receive additional masks but you can leave just the joined one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2019 Dec 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks men!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines