• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to rotate a layer 90°?

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2024 Apr 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please note: I am aware of the Transform > Rotation on every layer but that simply doesn't work in this instance.  
I am trying to make two formats [Landscape and Portrait] for export. To achieve the Portrait format, I am trying to rotate the background layer 90°. It should be simple to do- right?? But I  cannot rotate the layer 90° to work in Portrait mode and I can use some help. ***I can do this for all the other layers though- just not the 'star' 

I bought an After Effects template from Motion Array and the layer appears to have been made procedurally [see attached] and therefore cannot be rotated 90°. In the Layer Transform tab, I'll rotate it 90° and nothing happens. I've also tried the Rotation Tool [W] and that doesn't work. How do I do a simple rotation??

Below is a snapshot of the layer I am trying to rotate 90° to work in Vertical format. I tried 3 different ways to rotate this layer without any success. Whats happening?? Thanks in advance for your help!

AE_Rotate_Error_01.png

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 19, 2024 Apr 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It probabloy has expressions or shape modifiers inside the shape groups or on other properties. Impossible to tell.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you rotate a layer using the Rotation tool, and hold Shift, it's going to snap to 45 and 90 degrees.

Adobe Community Expert
Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your input! Much apprecaited 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 07, 2024 May 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome! Always a pleasure 😉

Adobe Community Expert
Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines