• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to slide through timeline when trimming videos

New Here ,
Feb 10, 2022 Feb 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, I have a problem with the timeline in only 1 composition.

Normally when we trim a footage inside the timeline it will automatically slide with the cursor, but I think I accidentally press some keys that it disabled this function in this exact composition (other comp still work fine). Now I have to trim and slide the timeline part by part, which is inconvenient. I also don't want to "zoom out" the timeline because snapping won't be accurate in long timeline.

The first video is timeline sliding fine. The second one is not.

Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2022 Feb 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's working normally on my side. But honestly, I never do that if I want to extend or trim a layer far away: just select the layer, go the time where you want to extend or trim your layer and use "alt + ]" or "alt + [ "

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 11, 2022 Feb 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't think there are some settings for that, did you try to quit and reopen your After Effects?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines