• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hue shift /Magenta shift when importing MOV in After Effects

Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2022 Feb 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just found out when importing an MOV/Prores or MOV/h264 Files into After Effects 22.2.0 it gets a slight hue shift. I compared it with an exported EXR, also mp4/h264 files which I exported out of Davinci Resolve with the same Settings. In After Effects I do no color interpretation and also Preserve RGB values.

I also compared the files in Nuke. There is no difference noticable. So it's definitly a problem how After effects loads MOV Files.

Does anyone has the same problem?

Would be really helpful if someone is experience the same problem.

TOPICS
Error or problem , FAQ , Import and export , Resources

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 16, 2022 Feb 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshots? Exact color management settings? Hardware acceleration settings? Other stuff? You need to be more specific than just stating that there is some issue.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your quick response. Sure I can provide more informations.

In the comparison screenshot between MOV/4444 and EXR you can see a slight green shift in the MOV/4444 File format. This slight green shift happens with every MOV file also MOV/h264 I export out of Davinci or Nuke.

Screenshot 2022-02-17 at 08.53.27.png

when I import these two Files in the comparison screenshot into Davinci or Nuke the look exactly the same. So this has to be a problem with the after Effects interpretation. For this I added a picture of the Project Color Manegement Settings in after effects. The footages are set to Preserve RGB.Screenshot 2022-02-17 at 09.03.13.png

I am working on a Macbook 14" M1 Max with 64GB RAM. I use as I said AE 22.2.0

Hope these Informations can help. 

Thanks for your time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2023 Feb 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you find a solution for that problem? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2023 Oct 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, using EXR not MOV

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines