Exit

I can't select end of keframe.

New Here ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't select end of keframe.

EF version: 15.1.1(Build 12)

I 'm using EF by Company Account in work.

I can't select the last keframe.

I  guess that Indicator has 1 frame with bright color box . ( Please open the attached photo)

The indicator always stop 1 frame befor of last keframe.

I saw that similar error- >   https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects/using-the-loopout-expression-always-leaves-the-last-fra...

but it's not helpful to me. And there're not the same rigth box with indicator in there's photos.

please help me and please check the attached photos.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Time indicator, the time display, and keyframes are always at the beginning of the current frame.  Let me explain. Set up a comp 24 fps comp that is 10 seconds long. Add a layer. Set a keyframe at frame zero (0:00:00:00) and the comp Panel will show you the first frame of the layer and the Time indicator. Time has not started yet but you can still see the start of the first frame. If the time indicator, next keyframe, or out point shortcut took you to the end of the last frame then you would not see the last frame in the comp panel because the time it takes to show the last frame of the layer has already passed.  This is typical of all apps that allow you to animate properties and have a timeline. 

Switch to an NLE like Premiere Pro or Final Cut and use the cut tool to cut a clip and the Monitor Panel will go black because the shot is now over. You are ready to look at the next shot. That works for editing better than having the last frame showing because you want to look at the transition between the two shots, but in an animation app, you need to see the position of the elements in the last frame before you move to the next event.

Hope this makes sense. It confuses a lot of users until they realize that the time indicator and the keyframe indicators always appear at the start of a frame. 

Now move to the last frame of the comp. The time display will show 0:00:09:24, the time indicator will be at the start of the last frame, a keyframe set at this point will be at the start of the last frame, but the last frame has not played yet so everything is correct. When you move to the end of the last frame the movie you made will be over and 10 seconds will have passed. 

After Effects has always worked this way. It makes sense. There is nothing wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2022 Oct 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes this is a problem as selecting the last .23 keyframe instead of the "first" frame behind that one (.24/.00) does not close the loop. say, when i want to make a full 360 degree rotation of an object, i need to set the keyframe behind .23, because if i don't, the animation will limp for one frame because the first and last frame will be identical. looping is pretty common even in professional circles so there is really no reason for setting a keyframe on the very last non-processed frame to be so difficult...
i hope you understand what i mean.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 30, 2022 Oct 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your animation is stopping at the last frame.

Your PNG number 2 shows the Current Time Indicator at the last frame correctly.

What's confusing is that the Current Time Indicator aligns with the left edge of the last frame; however, the width of the column that is slightly ligher than the rest of the Timeline is the last frame.

WarrenHeaton_0-1667152576545.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines