Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator Graphic Styles in After Effects

New Here ,
Jan 14, 2023 Jan 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All,

I've got a graphic style set up in Illustrator, and I'm trying to move that style into after effects to create a countdown.  What I would typically do is use a text and apply time code expressions to it in order to pull off the countdown.  But when I try to apply timecode to an imported AI file it just gives me a timecode box in the corner of the AI file.  Is there any way to import the actual graphic style from AI into AE and work with it that way or will I have to manually create the graphic style in AE to have what I'm looking for?

Thanks,

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 14, 2023 Jan 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator graphic styles are not compatible with After Effects. You can create a layered AI file with Graphic Styles applied to each element, then import it as a composition retaining layer size, then animate the layers and apply effects to them, but you cannot take an Illustrator layer style and apply it to a shape or text layer in AE.

It would help us help you if we knew exactly what you are trying to do to the text layer. Can you share screenshots showing the modified properties of your AI file? Just drag them to the reply field, don't attach them. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2023 Jan 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Darinda23028341mpmb_0-1674159256282.png

I'm trying to use this style in AE for the countdown font so it's consistant across all the media I'm creating for this client.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2023 Jan 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Darinda23028341mpmb_0-1674159564006.png

Darinda23028341mpmb_1-1674159595359.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 15, 2023 Jan 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree with rick. Show us a screenshot of your artwork in AI with all the layers and the Appearance panel visible so we can instruct you on how to re-create it in AE. It may be even simpler than AI styles.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines