Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

importing audio and video files from google drive

Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2022 May 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I'm working in a digital agency where all shared files are on google drive.

I've encounterd a problem when trying to import audio and video files from google drive to a project on AE

I don't have that problem when importing PSD or AI files from google drive.

when I try to import the same audio or video files from my local drive (e.i: downloads or desktop) it works just fine.

There for, the problem has to do with connection to google drive.

My colleague doesn't have that problem, we use the same AE version

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 02, 2022 May 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Google Drive will generate preview files and unless you explicitly download the files, you may never even get to see the original. This is simply not a good workflow and has nothing to do with the connection even. It's just how Google Drive works. If at all you could force it to always use the original by configuring the settings accordingly, but even then it may not actually work. It's a limitation you have to live with and it pretty much applies to all those online drive services. AE is not built to handle this stuff gracefully.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi

tnx for your answer

what you wrote doesn't makes sense to me since my colleague who sits right next to me, and uses the same network, the same driver and the same hardware, imports audio and video files without any problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So you mean when you import the files that are synced from google drive (from the google drive folder) you get this error. if so try to check if there is any setting where google drive has not synced the original file, but maybe a compressed version (I'm not familiar with google drive). as the error is very clear the file you try to is compressed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines