• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing Illustrator file into After Effects is shrinking the size

Explorer ,
Aug 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made a large canvas so I could make it into a parallax in After Effects & the final size would be 1920x1080. The size of the canvas is 23040x1080. But when I import it into After Effects it makes it 2304x108. I thought maybe After Effects had a size limit & when I searched for one its supposed to be 30000x30000. According to that my size fits into the limits but it's not importing that way. Not sure how to fix it.

TOPICS
How to , Import and export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AE does not support the recently introduced oversize canvas in AI because it's simply math trickery under the hood in Illustrator that has not been adapted yet by other programs. You have to create a conventional canvas at the original maximum size which was 48" or something like that, which translates to roughly under 16000 pixels at 300 DPI or try and export an actual pixel image.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Alternatively, take the file Illustrator gives you and just scale things up. Enabling Continuous Rasterization will give you a razer sharp image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines