• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a way to find a missing Premiere Pro project from an AE project?

New Here ,
Jun 08, 2022 Jun 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently tried to open a Premiere Project that I worked on a few months ago, but couldn't find the project. I have all the project files and AE project in my usual locations, but this Premiere Project file is missing. There were a lot of dynamically linked AE compositions in my Premiere project. By opening the AE project, is there a way to tell which Premiere project the comps are linked to? I'm assuming I accidentally saved the Premiere project under a different name and/or in the wrong folder, since none of the auto saves are showing up and a search isn't showing anything with that name. 

TOPICS
Dynamic link

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it's missing, AE doesn't know where it is, so obviously it can't TELL you where it is. It will tell you the name of the project, and you can try to search that in File Explorer/Finder and potentially locate the file that way,

~Jake

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing is missing in the AE project, I just wanted to know whether or not AE could tell me which projects the comps are linked to, like Premiere Pro can.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hmm.. probably not. I've never seen anything like that. Maybe someone else would know..

~Jake

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the project panel you must have the sequences offline, open the panel horizontally to show more columns, among those columns there is one called File Path, at the end of the directory you should be able to see the name of the project .prproj of Premiere Pro. I hope that helps you at least search for it with its name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hm no that doesn't seem to work, the file paths are empty since they're compositions. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines