• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there any way to apply 'Fill effect' on a specific part of text layer at a specific time?

Engaged ,
Dec 15, 2023 Dec 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I want to use 'Fill Effect' only on a part of a text layer without affecting the entire text  layer at  a specific time.  Is it possible? 

I am trying to apply Fill effect 'on a specific part of the text'  'at a specific time'. When the highlight beings in the part 'in America' I want the color to change from black to white, but If I apply fill at that time the entire text layer gets affected. I want rest of the text layer remain black, only 'in America' to change from black to white when the highlight begins.

I tried spliting layers, but its too much. I have to redo all the masks and nulls, I dnt wanna do that.

Please guide me.

fill.gif

TOPICS
User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Dec 15, 2023 Dec 15, 2023

Hello,  you can duplicate your animation (text + box)

change text color to white and set track matte to alpha matte.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,  you can duplicate your animation (text + box)

change text color to white and set track matte to alpha matte.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

😮😮😮

Oh my Gawwd... am literally jumping like a baby.... Am soo happy. Exactly what I wanted. Thank you sooo much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a question, What if I want another color? not white. What will I do in that case? Now my happiness gone. plz help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Colors don't matter.

screenshot.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also add the Fill effect to the text layer, add a mask to the text layer around the word you want to change, then spin down the compositing options for the Fill Effect in the timeline and choose the mask. It takes about 20 seconds. 

RickGerard_0-1702669594418.gif

You could also use a Text animator. There is more than one way to add a fill color to one word that does not require two text layers. Just change the Advanced options to Index and Words, then edit the Start and End values. 

RickGerard_2-1702669954408.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

😮 😮

oh my gawwd! This so cool! I wish I was a robot to intall all of these methods in my brain for once and all.

Thank you so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines