• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue with Transparent Background

New Here ,
Jan 15, 2023 Jan 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi very new to After Effects and my learning is typical via YouTube.

I have an animated icon in which I am trying to make the background transparent.

I am using the Latest Version of After Effects (23.1) on a Macbook Pro (Ventura).

When I come to add the composition to render I select quicktime, and select Quicktime and RGB plus Alpha.

In the Format Options I select APPLE Profiles 4444.

I then render the file but when I add this to my Project (In Adobe Captivate) there is no transparency!

As I have said I am new to this process and completed everything following YouTube tutorials so I am unsure if everythihs is set correctly. 

Is this anyone can help we with, I would thought it is a simple process but maybe not?

Many thanks in advance for any help or support given, I am sure it is something simple I have missed?

Rich

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you need to apply an effect to actually use the Alpha. Haven't used Captivate in ages, but it is very quirky with how it treats asset types. Other than that of course there's always the chance that this is a bug, so try a different format.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Be very wary of YouTube tutorials. Most of them are prepared by enthusiasts, and the workflows and explanations can be sketchy. Vet tour trainers. Make sure they know what they are talking about. 

As Mylenium said, Captivate is picky. Make sure you are using the right format and set the right switches. 

You should also be using the High Quality With Alpha Output Module preset instead of making one up on your own. The slightest misstep in render settings can foul things up. You need an experts understanding of formats and compressing to successfully fiddle with the knobs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines