Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keeping old version of Adobe After Effects when updating to new

New Here ,
Jan 18, 2022 Jan 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

When updating Adobe After Effects to the latest version is it possible to keep the old version on the computer at the same time without having to reinstall?

TOPICS
FAQ , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michael A. Campbell,

Thanks for reaching out.

Yes, it is possible. When you update to a newer version, Creative Cloud shows the option if you wanna remove the old version or not.

remove old version.jpg

Note: This option is only available if you're updating to the new major version and not the dot release. 

Let us know if there are any other questions.

Thanks,
Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 01, 2022 Jun 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Why is this not possible for minor versions? 22.4 contains some major bugs, that make it unable to work on  projects. The team knows and is working on a fix I read. Untill then, I'd like to work with 22.1.1, which is still better than having to downgrade to the last major version I can keep running in parallel (18.4.6). Thanks for the update!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines