• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Light Sweep Question

New Here ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.  I wanted to know the steps involved in creating a certain effect using the light sweep option.  I don't want a "shimmer" or "gleam".  I'm looking for an effect that goes from dark-to light (over the logo)-then dark again.  I have a short video that shows what I am looking for attached to this message so hopefully it shows.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is no more than a gradient wipe on a mostly white logo that probably has the Add Blend mode plus a little blur. 

Screenshot_2020-04-30 00.09.12_cD0YOc.png

Easily recreated with 3 layers. The top layer a shape layer with a gradient fill large enough to cover the entire logo with the white portion.

Screenshot_2020-04-30 00.34.25_jv3zuu.png

Set up the luma matte, the blend mode, the background, and animate the position of the top layer and you're done.

Flash.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much for your time.  This is extremely helpful!  I have never used the Adobe After Effect program but I'm sure this is easy to figure out even for a newbie  I'm sure there are other programs available or Apps that can achieve this effect I just haven't been able to find one.  Thanks, again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines